Bug Voting

Sitsofe Wheeler sitsofe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 08:53:28 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 00:25 -0500, Jonathon Anderson wrote:
> Would it be possible to implement a system of mod points where launchpad
> users can "bump" bugs to higher priority with votes? I know this already
> happens to some degree with dupes and comments, but if there was some
> way to track how many users complained about a certain bug, it would be
> easier to figure out which bugs affect the most people and thus which
> should be fixed first (all else being equal).

Bug voting sounds nice and fair but I simply don't believe it works
unless it's intent is as a placebo to placate users (which is a fairly
good point for implementing it in the first place I suppose...).

People think that if they can only get the bug voted on repeatedly
something will HAVE to be done about which may not necessarily be the
case. Just wait until a bug that's been hanging round for years has +100
votes...