10k open Ubuntu bugs

Sitsofe Wheeler sitsofe at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 17:15:47 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 08:55 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> (ironically, this does belong on ubuntu-devel rather than sounder)
>
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:18:52AM +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> > Perhaps we should seek to make this explicit policy (such as via a TB
> > decision). That way bug submitter will know that this will happen and
> > volunteer bug triagers will be more confident in closing old bugs.
>
> This is absolutely appropriate, and most bug triage activity that I see
> already works this way.  However, it would be logical to document it in the
> wiki under HelpingWithBugs.

This is interesting. I was chatting with an extremely on the ball Ubuntu
dev in #launchpad the other day (and in fact someone on #ubuntu-bugs
earlier today) about stuff like this. I do think that Ubuntu's bugzilla
is a bit too "friendly" at the moment and is going to be crushed under
the weight of "fix anything/everything" reports. Perhaps this discussion
would be better off on one of the launchpad lists though (which still
aren't on GMANE - http://www.gmane.org/ : )