SMFication Project registered + proposal

Erast Benson erast at gnusolaris.org
Sat Apr 22 19:53:34 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 11:11 +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 10:46 -0700, Erast Benson wrote:

> > > Debian adopting SMF would pretty certainly cause Ubuntu to adopt it;
> > > going in the opposite direction is an unsafe bet that might come to
> > > hinge on volatile political matters, as is most often the case when
> > > Ubuntu and Debian are mentioned in the same sentence.
> >
> > I see. You might be right. So, I take it back.
> >
> > I think we need to prepare a proposal at debian-devel@
> >
> There is already the replacement-init specification which I'm
> re-proposing for edgy, part of that includes discussing SMF.

I found replacement-init spec for ubuntu. Is this what you meant?

I also created smf-nexeneta spec[1]. It is main goal to provide set of
debhelper scripts which will formalize future SMF integration into
Ubuntu and its current implementation in NexentaOS.

[1] https://launchpad.net/distros/nexenta/+spec/smf-nexenta

--
Erast