brltty eats too much resources

Loïc Minier lool+ubuntu at via.ecp.fr
Wed Apr 19 20:11:21 BST 2006

        Hi,

 I have a bigger concern with brltty: it's the app eating the most of my
 CPU.  I'm running dapper on a slowish machine (800 MHz), and I see the
 program taking 10% CPU every two refresh of "top".  It has already
 eaten as many CPU as Xorg (~6mn) in the last ~1h30 of uptime.
 I'd suspect its /proc/usb periodic scan to be the culprit.

 I also suspect the program leaks, it takes 21% of my memory (39 MB /
 184 MB) already.

 Wouldn't it eat as much resources, I'd have no problem with brltty in
 the ubuntu-desktop task myself.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>
"You can gtk_main_run, but you can't gtk_widget_hide." --danw, 19-jul-04