ubuntu-desktop depends on bicyclerepair?

Santiago Roza santiago.roza at thymbra.com
Tue Apr 18 19:19:45 BST 2006

On 4/18/06, Mike Bird <mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net> wrote:

> It would be sensible for the SA*DFL to read this list ...
> Or is he making decisions in a
> vacuum?

well i'm not a ubuntu developer (or even a developer at all), but from
what i've seen, actual development discussion doesn't take place in
this list, so making decisions without reading it doesn't really sound
like making them "in a vacuum".

> Putting Python devel on every Ubuntu desktop is a waste of
> time and resources.  Therefore, attempts to reverse this
> silly decision are attempts to save time and resources.

maybe you're right, but again this is not the place for those
attempts, especially if the decision comes from the sabdfl himself.

> However, we should keep things in perspective.  The Python
> devel decision is only silly and wasteful.  The decision to
> drop mailx and a (stub) MTA is *dangerous*.

i guess you should open a different thread if you want to talk about a
different subject...

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra