hda5 mounted - e2fsck: aborting

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Apr 5 04:53:49 BST 2006

Ante Karamatic wrote:
> Carl Karsten wrote:
>
>> (10:15:04 AM) CarlFK:
>> http://dev.personnelware.com/carl/temp/Apr03/d/etc/fstab shows
>> /dev/hda5       /media/hda5     ext3
>>
>> fdisk shows hda5 type 82 (swap)
>
> As I can see from your install logs:
>
> /dev/hda had some partitions and /dev/hda5 was ext3. But then you
> repartition your disk to:
>
> /dev/hda1 + free space
>
> after that you created one logical partition (/dev/hda5) and formated it
> as a swap.
>
> Acctually, I don't see where the bug is? Maybe in wrong /etc/fstab?

Wow - I missed this: the next line in fstab is also hda5:

/dev/hda5       /media/hda5     ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0

and this time swapon -s shows hda5 in use as swap. (I swear i did that before
and didn't see any swap in use.)

back to packing.

CarlFK