need local printing for LTSP

Jason Stewart jason.e.stewart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:42:37 BST 2006

Hi,

We've installed ubuntu's LTSP and it is really awesome. But according
to the wiki, local printing is not working as of 5.10. We are
replacing all the windows boxes at the Auroville gov't
(auroville.org.in) and they need to use dot-matrix printers attached
to the local machines.

Is there any version available that we can test local printing? Either
in CVS/SVN or in testing? I'm also happy to compile from source if
need be, and I'm happy to get involved in the development to ensure
that it's working for others as well.

I tried going to #ltsp but I never got a reply.

Thanks for your time! jas.