restricted modules

Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy nigde at mitechki.net
Tue Sep 27 19:59:48 CDT 2005

One of the strange things happened to my breezy (installed from colony 4
from scratch). Possibly this is a known bug, but I couldn't find it.
The nvidia modules are supposed to be dynamically built on startup, and
they are (I have the module in the volatile directory). Unfortunately it
looks
that depmod is called before the modules are generated, so modprobe
cannot find them. Running depmod and modprobe manually after boot
results in the module being successfully loaded. I hope that this issue
will be fixed by the time breezy is released. Thanks to all the
developers for great work.