Default fonts in Firefox

Eric Feliksik milouny at gmx.net
Tue Sep 27 12:03:38 CDT 2005

Carey O'Shea wrote:
> Well, I have problems with it. I find the default firefox font in
> Breezy really bad on some webpages, for example:
>
> Breezy: http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy.jpg
> Hoary: http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/hoary.jpg

I don't like the font-width on
http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy.jpg , it's too narrow, and
thus it not relaxing for my eyes. I don't know why the font of
http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/hoary.jpg was changed, but I was
perfectly happy with it.

I have no clue what fonts are used or what sizes they default to. My
criticism is not about sizes - I'm not aware of the differences. I am,
however, annoyed by the narrow font

Ian Jackson wrote:
>  * Use sans-serif fonts, rather than serif fonts, when the
>    website doesn't specify.

Although serif-fonts on a monitor, now we've got anti-aliasing, are not
as horrible as in earlier days, this sounds sensible to me.

Thanks,
Eric