Bug with 'notification bulb'

'Forum Post dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Tue Sep 27 11:15:20 CDT 2005

Nick Mcmahon Wrote:
> hi, im trying to decide if this is a bug or just a logical problem with
>

> the little notification lightbulb you get when your kernel updates (or
>

> similar) telling you that you should reboot asap.

> Right, so the little notification comes up after  a synaptic  update

> telling me to reboot ,  i dont bother reading (clicking to open) it

> because i know what it says - its happened before, so i reboot and it's
>

> still there - this leaves me wondering if it needs rebooting again or

> its just there cos i havnt clicked it yet. any thoughts?

> Nick McMahon

Nick - I also have the same problem whenever updates are d/lded. My
machine is set up for home use (meaning my wife and 2 kids have their
own access) and whenever I have the updates, me being the admin can
only get the updates and after that this bulb will show. Rebooting it
would remove the bulb, but that is just for my account only. When other
users log-in the bulb would re-appear again. I dont think this is a bug
but if you think it is, please submit it.

Kapre