metapackages

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 04:55:32 CDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Eamonn Sullivan <eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's a great idea. It would make answering the majority of
> questions on the user list much easier (sudo apt-get
> ubuntu-multimedia-gnome, for example). Although I see Ubuntu (almostly
> certainly rightly) distancing itself more completely away from some
> packages, such as w32codecs. Might providing "official" metapackages
> have the same legal problems as providing the packages themselves?

No. We could introduce some meta packages in universe or multiverse,
as soon as we are convinced that they are useful. Please make
suggestions of metapackage names and packages they should depend on.

May I ask you which multimedia related packages, besides w32codecs,
you are missing in breezy?

--
regards,
    Reinhard