Release status update and reminders

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 22 13:08:25 CDT 2005

We're marching steadily toward the final release of Ubuntu 5.10 on October
13th.  This week will bring Colony CD 5, the latest milestone CD release in
the Breezy development cycle.  Our focus remains on fixing bugs in Breezy,
with higher priority given to higher-impact bugs.

To reiterate the current state of the freeze:

 * UpstreamVersionFreeze is still in effect.  New upstream versions of
   software in main require approval prior to upload.  The only standing
   exception to this rule is GNOME, whose release process is compatible with
   ours.

 * FeatureFreeze is still in effect.  Uploads to main should contain only
   bugfixes, unless granted an exception.

 * StringFreeze is still in effect.  Translatable strings in main should not
   be modified without prior discussion and notification of translators.

Requests for exceptions should be submitted to me, or if the request needs
attention in my absence, to Colin Watson.

--
 - mdz