fedora's authconfig

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 22 09:33:28 CDT 2005

<quote who="Zach">

> Are there any plans to port Fedora's authconfig to Ubuntu (or to Debian)?
> After mucking around with pam over the weekend, I took a look at my Fedora
> box at work on Monday, and was really impressed with how tidy authconfig
> makes things.

I've raised the idea of using authconfig/libuser and friends at past Ubuntu
developer summits - let's take this off list, and write up a spec for it. If
we do that, it may be discussed and considered at UBZ.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "The existance of 'someone' is a common myth in volunteer projects." -
                               Mary Gardiner