sound preferences

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 21 22:32:13 CDT 2005

<quote who="Carey O'Shea">

> > The GNOME project makes that dialog. This is not a Ubuntu issue,
> > although you are right, it is poorly designed. Consider posting the the
> > gnome development list.
>
> Since when does Ubuntu have to wait for Gnome to do something simple like
> this?

We don't. However, we do have to consider the value of maintaining a delta
from upstream, ensuring that changes are done in a way that will be accepted
now or soon, and appropriateness of changes during our (and their) release
process. Right now, we're in UI freeze. GNOME is not. So, the best place to
make this happen in the very near future would be GNOME. :-)

Please remember that this list is for development discussion, and we must
make sure that it has a good signal-to-noise ration to ensure that all of
our developers can actually read it. This would probably be better raised as
a wishlist bug, or a proposal on the wiki.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

   "Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long
               before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox