Smarter Screen saver

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Sep 20 16:26:32 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 23:04 +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
> Well, in the case totem crashes, the lock would never been removed, I'm not sure
> this idea is the killer-idea, but there definitely must be a way to accomplish
> this easily..

Please forgive my ignorance, but I thought this 'D-bus' messaging system
in Gnome was precisely supposed to serve that kind of purpose : let
programs pass/share messages to other programs ?

Can't Totem etc, just broadcast a message saying:

"hi, just in case there is a screensaver out there, I am currently
playing a movie, so please don't trigger the screen saver"

--
Vince