FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 20 14:42:31 CDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:16:24 +0200
Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 22:22 +1000, Carey O'Shea wrote:
> > Gnome-screensaver would be ok with those 3 features?
>
> xscreensaver gave many more options that are IMHO also sorely missing in
> the gnome app, e.g.
> * Choosing -which- screensavers to choose from in random mode
> * Ability to set the options that most screensavers provide
> * Fine-grained control over when the daemon does what ("start
> screensaver after 10 min, and start to cycle after 20 min, but enable
> DPMS only after 40 min", etc.).

All in all, gnome-screensaver sounds ( currently at least ) like a giant leap backwards. I fervently hope the voices raised on this list against its inclusion in breezy will be heard, and understood, in the right quarter. No doubt it will be ready for dapper, but please, let's not have it in until it is ready.

Just an opinion from one of the poor souls who has to explain these decisions to puzzled people on #ubuntu...

Peter

--

Linux User #343161