Breezy fonts are worse?

Danilo Šegan danilo at kvota.net
Tue Sep 20 13:44:26 CDT 2005

Today at 7:21, Carey O'Shea wrote:

> Marius, thanks for your reply. I added what you said to ~/.fonts.conf
> and it didn't make any difference to that website
> (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au).
>
> So does anyone else have any ideas?

Apparently, Breezy configuration is ending with something like Nimbus
Sans or FreeSans: Helvetica compatible fonts.  These are not really
nice for on-screen display.  Bitstream Vera Sans (or even better,
DejaVu, which contains much more glyphs like Cyrillic, Latin Extended,
partial Greek,...) is much more suited for on-screen display, but I
don't know why is it not being selected for you.

This can also be due to your Firefox config (check the "fonts"
configuration).

Cheers,
Danilo