FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Tue Sep 20 06:09:13 CDT 2005

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> gnome-screensaver is extremely new code, please don't make judgements on it
> based on its current state. Unfortunately, it was pushed into breezy (after
> feature and preview freeze!), but it's really not ready yet. It'll be great
> for dapper. I'm trying to have its inclusion in breezy reassessed.

As an end user, I make no judgements about how good the code is.   What
I make judgements about is that in the last 2 days, I've gone from
functional screensaver with features, to a screensaver where I'm limited
to choosing a screensaver and a timeout.

What if I dont want to see a password dialogue?
What if I want to choose the text in a GL screensaver?
etc
etc.

It doesn't have the feature set needed to be complete.  It may do so in
the future, but that doesn't change the fact that right now, it's a step
backwards.

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 797 457 1868
e: george at alink.co.za

No matter who you are, some scholar can show you
the great idea you had was had by someone before you.