FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Mon Sep 19 07:53:14 CDT 2005

Following a dist-upgrade this morning, I find myself now using
gnome-screensaver and not xscreensaver.  I really dont care that much
which screensaver program I use, but I would like the option to be able
to configure my screensaver.

Currently, I'm unable to configure either a timeout (ie. when the
screensaver starts) or the settings for each screensaver (eg. I'm stuck
with the defaults which when playing with pretty openGL savers sucks.)

spoem:~$ dpkg -l | grep screensaver
ii gnome-screensaver 0.0.13-0ubuntu3 a screen saver and locker
ii xscreensaver      4.21-4ubuntu12  Automatic screensaver for X
ii xscreensaver-data 4.21-4ubuntu12  data files to be shared among
screensaver fr
ii xscreensaver-gl   4.21-4ubuntu12  GL(Mesa) screen hacks for xscreensaver

spoem:~$ uname -a
Linux spoem 2.6.12-8-686 #1 Thu Sep 15 21:32:25 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

spoem:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=5.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=breezy
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu (The Breezy Badger Release) Development Branch"

--
George Barnett
Reality Engineer

m: (+44) 797 457 1868
e: george at alink.co.za

There is nothing wrong with writing ... as long as it
is done in private and you wash your hands afterward.