Application Suggestion.Possible Breezy Intergration?

Alex Ferguson b_linuz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 05:04:42 CDT 2005

Yes, I've used both checkinstall and paco (And over
that, I've tried keeping just the makefiles which is
equally crude), and I have to say, checkinstall is a
little crude.Most of the times, the packages don't
work for me, and even if they do, I find that having
my compiled packages mixed up with my normal packages,
found in a official repository a little bit of a
mix-up.It's better to have a clean computer from the
start, and paco does exactly that.Oh, and paco has an
option to create a package (tar.gz though), that can
be installed at a later date, using paco.It's really a
better and cleaner way to manage source-installed
programs.Just use it and you'll see.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato