Hoary upgrade to Breezy breaks X on Mac and x86

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Sep 15 12:03:09 CDT 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michael Moore wrote:
> > > could not open default font 'fixed';
> > please file this in Bugzilla as an upgrade failure.
> I re-installed ubuntu-desktop, but it didn't re-install x-window-system.

I did see the error during an hoary->breezy test dist-upgrade on x86.
It is down to the 'xfonts-base' package missing a symlink:

  Package: xfonts-base
  Symlink: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc -> ../../../share/X11/fonts/misc

daniels said that other packages needed fixing aswell though:

  <daniels> it will be in for breezy final
  <daniels> it's just a matter of when we do it relative to when we fix
            all the font packages that are installed by default

Michael: Did you open a bug for it?

	-Paul
--
The summer is familiar here.  Edinburgh, GB