gnome-bittorrent is an unsatisfactory bittorrent client

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 15 10:39:38 CDT 2005

<quote who="Sander van Loon">

> What Ubuntu needs is a BitTorrent client which has the UPnP and download
> limiting features of Azureus, and the simplicity of gnome-bittorrent.
> Right now, BitTorrent users coming from Windows, who are used to great
> BitTorrent clients like BitComet, will be very disappointed in Ubuntu's
> BitTorrent capabilities. I hope the Ubuntu developers can think of a
> solution for this problem.

Suggestions? We'd prefer to include something as simple and straightforward
as gnome-bittorrent rather than the somewhat daunting Azureus. If you'd like
to suggest a client that satisfies both requirements, that would be very
helpful!

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
UbuntuBelowZero in Montreal!          http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero

  "I'm coding 'gless' right now ... I'm not living up to the motto 'gless
   is gmore', I should have started with gmore. ;-)" - Havoc Pennington,
                                    1998