Breezy dist-upgrade report

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Mon Sep 12 18:32:11 CDT 2005

On my up-to-date hoary machine the ride was/is not as smooth as
expected. The dist-upgrade stopped twice due to filename conflicts
(package X tries to overwruty file Y etc...) between
 * muine and muine-dbus
 * laptop-mode and laptop-mode-tools

After a few times dpkg --configure -a all worked fine, but there are a
few issues:

* I rebooted after the update, but the notification thing still told me
  to reboot because a new kernel was installed
* The same notification thing told me to go to System -> Administration
  -> Ubuntu language selector while the menu entry is Language Selector
* *EVERY* time I login now, the show desktop, workspace switcher and
  'show tasklist' taskbar applets crash and I have to restart them with
  the 'Reload now' button from the crash dialog.

--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org