Hoary-to-Breezy report

Ferenc Sipos frank at sudo.hu
Sun Sep 11 17:25:03 CDT 2005

>>* X didn't start for me the first time.

1. I had the same problem. In my case xorg.conf refered to the keyboard
input driver as "keyboard" instead of the correct "kbd". This might be
the problem on your machine too. Could you please check your old
xorg.conf if it has "keyboard" for you as well?

2. Futher note (not a bug at all): I guess after the dist-upgrade the
NVIDIA driver has to be recompiled. It does not compile though while the
kernel is not recompiled with the newly shipped gcc-4.x. Once that's
done and rebooted, you can compile & load the module.

Frank

PS: I've done dist-upgrades on 3 hoary machines so far (in the last 2
days), and apart from the above mentioned, no problem occured. Good job!
Thanks.