MOTU Meeting - 2005-09-07

Andrew Mitchell ajmitch at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 11 07:50:26 CDT 2005

Here are the minutes for the recent Masters of the Universe (MOTU) meeting
The meeting log is at http://ajmitch.dyndns.win.co.nz/meeting-20050907.log

Ubuntu MOTU Meeting, 7th of September 2005

Present at the meeting were: DanielHolbach, OliverGrawert, StephanHermann,
BarrydeFreese, AndrewMitchell, StefanPotyra, LoicPefferkorn SebastianDröge

 1. Status of Transitions
   * C++ transition has gone well, very few packages are listed on
     http://cerberus.0c3.net/~adconrad/frozenapps.txt
     - The major remaining work is listed on UniverseUnmetDeps,
       MOTUGLUTransition
   * As for MOTUGhc6Transition, Lamont has been busy fixing & it is now
     working again. Packages Build-Depending on it will be uploaded ASAP
   * Packages with install dependencies/build dependencies not already in
     breezy will be ignored unless it's an easy fix. Some may be put on
     MorgueCandidates

 2. Malone bug policies
   * We discussed http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUMaloneUsage
   * In summary - when working on a bug, universe bugs are assigned to 'MOTU',
     bug status is set to 'Accepted', with a comment.
   * The other main issue is handling of bugs in 'main'
     - < ogra> so until malone is for main too, i'd propose to close them with
        a predefined note
     - The submitter will be notified by this close notice to submit their bug
       in bugzilla if it still exists
     - We plan to discuss this issue on the ubuntu-devel mailing list

 3. Malone Bug Love Day
   * This is going to be a day (or 48 hours, as usual) in #ubuntu-bugs, where
     we make a concerted effort to help users file bugs, and to close bugs
     that are on Malone. (We will help users file on bugzilla & process bugs
     there where possible)
   * The Bug Love Day is scheduled on Saturday 17th September, for all
     timezones.
   * We will announce this on the mailing lists & call for people to help out
     where they can.

 4. Rotating of time for meeting
   * Meeting times will alternate between Wednesday 22:00 UTC & Thursday
    12:00 UTC

 5. Next meeting is 22nd September, 12:00 UTC

--
Andrew Mitchell