Hoary to Breezy upgrade report

Carey O'Shea carey at internode.on.net
Sat Sep 10 20:53:54 CDT 2005

I did a dist-upgrade to Breezy of a Hoary install of mine today.

Noted a few problems:

1) Dictionary language selection was asked twice (both times I chose UK,
it was US on Hoary however).

2) Had to changed "keyboard" in xorg.conf to "kbd" to get X to start. I
know this problem has been reported many times before and there are
reasons why the xorg.conf file isn't changed, but I think I recall
someone mentioning that this kbd problem had been fixed?

3) Firefox was missing all fonts, I had to use "export
MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO" in the /usr/bin/firefox script to get fonts to work.
Not sure why.

4) Many icons were missing, from folders,  "show desktop", "trash", etc.
I fixed this by going to System->Preferences->Theme and changing it from
"Custom" to any other preset theme (I did not change much in Hoary, just
changed it to ClearLook and then changed the blue to a less bright
colour).

5) Suspend to ram still isn't working for my laptop (an Arima W720-K8M)
-- where can I go to get more information on this? Are the suspend
problems kernel related?

Sorry if these issues have been fixed or reported already.

But basically, other than the above, everything else seems to be working
well (well, my EnE CB1410 CardBus isn't working, but I've filed a bug
for that one).

Keep up the good work.