Gnome-cd and Totem

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 10 18:57:42 CDT 2005

<quote who="Lukas Sabota">

> Is it neccessary to have gnome cd and totem installed by default?  Totem
> now is the default cd player, and works much better than gnome-cd.  I
> think it'd be safe to move gnome-cd out of ubuntu-desktop.  What are your
> thoughts?

Hopefully by Breezy release, we'll be using sound-juicer for CD playing and
ripping, and keep totem for its intended purpose of video playing (it can't
even get track info from musicbrainz/freeddb or anything). gnome-cd will go
the way of the do-do. :-)

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

   "Slashdot seems to run a lot of obituaries. Perhaps there should be a
                               topic for it."
    "There already is. It's called the BSD section." - Anonymous Coward