Kubuntu preview initial feedback

john e john.godzero at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:25:42 CDT 2005

The usual problems with kubuntu/sudo.
E.G.: Try sudo kedit.
X will refuse the window.
I believe this is an old know issue.
Also the old "kcontrol in admin mode" problems still exist.

Good news on the video front:
I was able to get me ATI 9200se pci to operate properly, if not a little slow.
I was able to edit xorg.conf to get both hires (above 1280X1024) and
3d accel AT THE SAME TIME! Due to some oddities with my system, I was
unable to do this before with ANY distro. Maybe I'm better, or xorg
got better, or BB's better.. don't care.. just so much happier now.

***If anyone can use my xorg.conf, or know the steps I did, let me know.***

Audio prob:
Amarok ->gstreamer ->osd says "another prog's using dev/dsp". I don't
know how to query open file status to see what proggy's to blame.