ne2k_pci compatible ethernet card

Bernhard berndl81 at gmx.at
Fri Sep 9 15:09:55 CDT 2005

Hi everyone.

I tried both to upgrade and to do a fresh-install of the breezy preview
edition of Ubuntu on my girlfriend's system.

I'm only facing one major problem. I can't get the ethernet card
(realtek 8029 (AS)) to work although this card works perfectly in hoary.

My question: Is there a way to manually load the required module
(ne2k_pci) during the install process of breezy (preview) in order to
get the network auto-detection working? Or the other way round,
shouldn't this card be autodetected out of the box (as in hoary)? Is
this planned for the final version of breezy?

Thanks a lot for your patience ... :)

Bernhard