Ubuntu for Small Business

Barry deFreese bddebian at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 12:39:18 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Richard Moser" <nigelenki at comcast.net>
To: "ubuntu-devel" <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>; "Ubuntu Users List"
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 12:56 PM
Subject: Ubuntu for Small Business

> My aunt just frantically put together a package of PrintMaster,
> Microsoft Money, and Microsoft Windows to create a small management
> computer for her franchise business.  I can't come up with an
> open-source alternative to Money, although OpenOffice.org (for a skilled
> user) can replace PrintMaster with work.

-- sever snippage --

John,

I think this is an excellent idea.  I have actually long considered a
business around this very type of thing.  With the skyrocketing costs of
licensing, I would love to be able to set up small/medium sized businesses
with Free Software.

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)
Shiny New MOTU