low breezy hard disk performances

The Saltydog thesaltydog at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 05:12:18 CDT 2005

On 9/8/05, Ernst Persson <ernstp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe you forgot to write it, but it looks like this is just the
> result from one run on each OS?
> That hdparm test is really flaky. Run it few times and you'll see that
> you can get all kinds of results.

In order to make a "short" post I have maybe omitted too many words...

Those results are a quite good average of every run. I am investing
this because after upgrading to breezy I am experiencing an important
and unusual loss of general performances.

A part any 'hdparm' flakiness, the difference bewteen 57.49 and 13.29
MB/sec is too much (more than 4 times)...

I need to fix this, otherwise I should re-install breezy from scratch
and it will be a great pain for all my installed application, each one
with its proper settings. I think that a smooth migration from hoary
to breezy is one of the most important issues to check, as 99% of
ubuntu's users will face it soon.