Colony 4 install to PowerBook G3

Mark Jaffe markie at ydl.net
Wed Sep 7 15:16:00 CDT 2005

Greetings,

Yesterday I burned the breezy-install iso from Colony 4, (PPC version)
and attempted an install to my PowerBook G3/400 (2000 Firewire "Pismo")
with 512 Mb RAM and 60 Gb HD. The HD is partitioned as 10Gb HFS+ (for
OS 9.2 and Tiger 10.4), another 20Gb HFS+ for Panther (OS X 10.3.9) and
the remaining 25 Gb as ext2fs which previously held Ubuntu 5.4,
Mandrake 10.1, and YellowDog 3 (not all at once, just sequentially!)

When I got to the disk partitioner, all I saw was an option to use the
entire 60 Gb, it did not seem to recognize the existing partitions. I
chose not to wipe everything out (I have a large quantity of
un-preserved data which needs to be burned to CD or DVD SOON!)

Any thoughts on how to get it to see my existing partition map?

Mark

---
Mark Jaffe
markie at ydl.net