VMware does not work on Breezy. Big problem for me!

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:38:02 CDT 2005

On 9/4/05, Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> VMWare doesn't work very well with 2.6.12 but if you grab this
>
> http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update93.tar.gz

This doesn't work either.

> And please don't post to ubuntu-devel in future, its for discussion of
> development not user support as this is, ubuntu-users is the list you
> want :)

I know, being that development changes made to breezy (kernel and
seemingly hal) now make vmware not work at all anymore, and the amount
of exposure I am going to give breezy, I though it might be of
interest to the dev team too. As it stands now I cannot install breezy
on the machines I wanted to. Oh well. I will have to stick with Hoary.

I will try and talk to the vmware guys and see what they can do about it.

Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

Thanks,

Matt