broken bugzilla?

Jay R. Wren jrwren at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:53:14 CDT 2005

I'm trying to submit a bug with bugzilla.

I go to bugzilla.ubuntu.com.  I click "New".  I click "kubuntu".  I
fill the form which only displays fields for Package, Platform, OS,
CC, URL, Summary, and Description.  After filling in with these values
I get an error message.

Package: qt4-dev-tools
Platform: i386
OS: Linux
CC: jrwren at gmail.com
assistant-qt4 segfaults using en_US locale

It runs if I invoke as:
LC_ALL=C assistant-qt4

when I click the commit button, I get this error:

You must choose a component to file this bug in.  If necessary, just guess.

My problem is that there is no component field.  My second problem is
the dangling participle.  Proper English is "You must choose a
component in which to file this bug."

I'm thinking this issue is PEBKAC (my fault, user error), but I cannot
figure out how to submit this bug.

Thanks,
--
Jay R. Wren