Colony 3 report

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at imapmail.org
Fri Sep 2 17:44:13 CDT 2005

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005, Ivan Krstic wrote:
> - The actual NTFS partition resizing strikes me as very unintuitive.
> There is no indication I can resize a NTFS partition by hitting enter
> when positioned on its 'Size' parameter, and when I do, it presents a
> dialog about needing to write changes before resizing, but it sounds
> like I've already picked the new size I want.

I have to agree with this one.   When I got by Laptop from Canonical the other
day, and for the first time did a resize of a ntfs partition during an install,
that question was the question that stopped me in my tracks for the longest time
during the install.  I went back to the previous menu a couple of times, and
finally simply decided to try it out  since I had nothing to lose file-wise
on that laptop and didn't see any obvious alternatives to allow me to
continue.

Daniel