Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Wed Oct 26 07:41:02 CDT 2005

Hi all,

October 25 was a special CC meeting: Mark Shuttleworth had to leave
quite early and asked me to write a report of the rest of the meeting.
He also trusted Matthias Ulrich, Daniel Holbach and myself enough to let
us vote in the membership approvals.

* Locoteams
  The only locoteam that showed op was ubuntu-hr from Croatia. Ante and
  his teammembers are doing a good job there, they're setting up a
  website and possibly even a mirror. The contacts with other local
  organizations look good and the team is full of energy. Keep up the
  good work!

* Membership approvals (The members still need to be approved on
  launchpad; Mark or Colin, can you please do this)

  o Seb Payne has been welcomed aboard the Ubuntu ship, but has been
    asked to give a status report in 4 weeks, because of some
    inconsistensies.
  o David Larlet and Yann Hamon were accepted as Ubuntu members, they
    have done good work in setting up an maintaining #ubuntu-fr
  o Zygmunt Krynicki has been given more time to make his contributions
    to Ubuntu significant and sustained. He has done some nice things
    already and we'll see more of him in the coming weeks.
  o Zak Elep has joined the Ubuntu Members, he has done lots of work in
    the ubuntu-ph team (and made Oliver Grawert happy by announcing he
    wants to work with/on Edubuntu ;))
  o No other people showed up. Jonathan Jesse and Robert Stoffers
    usually have problems attending the meeting. Hopefully they can
    attend the next meeting, which will be scheduled on an irregular
    time.

* Other business
  o The forums issue got defered again, only one person showed up.
    There will be a special meeting *next week* about this, the time
    for this meeting will be determined together with the forums team
    members, so they can attend this meeting. After a suggestion from
    Colin Watson I will also try to make sure Jonathan Jesse and Robert
    Stoffers can attend this meeting.
  o Ubuntu has finally been registered as a group on the Freenode IRC
    network. The group contact is myself. This means that in case of
    channel problems people should contact me instead of freenode staff
    directly. Hostname cloaks in the form of
    ubuntu/member/$your_nickname are also available for Ubuntu members
    and developers. I have contacted a lot of members already about
    this. If you are interested in such a cloak, just contact me.
  o The Ubuntu brazil team had questions about the administration of
    the ubuntu.com and ubuntu-$CC.org domains. This has been solved
    by Matthias Ulrichs, {planeta,planet}.ubuntu-br.org will be pointed
    to their server.
  o Daniel Holbach has suggested the creation of the
    ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com mailing list. The purpose of this list
    would be coordination of MOTU-related things, training new MOTU
    hopefuls and generally improving the dignal-to-noise ratio on
    ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com. There was some concern about overlap
    between the ubuntu-motu and ubuntu-devel lists and consnsus about
    the creation of this list has not been reached. Daniel was asked to
    continue the discussion on the ubuntu-devel mailing list.

So far from Community council land, the date and time of the next
meeting will be announced as soon as possible.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntulinux.org