Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier juanje at interactors.coop
Wed Oct 26 02:29:04 CDT 2005

El mar, 18-10-2005 a las 17:43 -0400, Jeff Bailey escribió:
[...]
> Ah, okay.  Jerry Haltom was looking at how to support booting from a
> loopback filesystem (for embedded systems shiping a .bin blob) and he
> was able to get it running.  This is hopefully just another twist on the
> same thing.  I haven't played with FUSE, though, so I don't know what's
> needed.

Ummmm... is there any code about that loopback support?
I'm trying to bring support (actually I already did) for a live boot to
the initramfs and it could be helpfully.
BTW, I'm trying to do it in the better way to be well integrate with the
rest of the initramfs structure, but I'm pretty sure it's possible doing
better. So if you guys like to take a look and comment it, it'll be a
pleasure for me ;-)

This is going to be the new live system for Guadalinex[1] and
Metadistros[2] and the code at the Guadalinex svn[3].

(Notice that Metadistro system use squashfs and unionfs instead of
casper stuff and the distro image is /cdrom/META/META.squashfs instead
of /cdrom/casper/filesystem.cloop. Anyway it's flexible structure and
it's easy to change it.)

Thanks

[1] http://www.guadalinex.org
[2] http://metadistros.hispalinux.es
[3]
http://ws314.juntadeandalucia.es/guadalinex2005/generation_system/live/initramfs-tools
--
   \|/  interactors              | juanje arroba interactors.coop
  \|/    |_ activando redes      | http://interactors.coop