George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Mon Oct 24 11:55:12 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 17:24 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> There comes a point where if you make things too strict then in practice
> users will be so annoyed by the default security you've provided that
> they turn it off entirely, and you end up decreasing user convenience
> for little actual gain. I maintain that this is one of those situations,
> and that privacy issues should be addressed with a much smaller hammer.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]

Thanks Colin,

I suppose this really demonstrates the varied world we live in and
different rules for different places.  I agree that there comes a point
where things can be too restrictive.  I believe my entire point of this
discussion is, we should be able to have 0700 homes and other software
such as gdm shouldn't be restricted by it.

Cheers