Ante Karamatic ivoks at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 22 02:08:50 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 10:46 -0500, Travis Watkins wrote:

> Of the two I'd say all users should be able to cancel their own print
> jobs. It just seems silly to think that you're allowed to waste
> ink/paper printing but not allowed to cancel your print jobs and save
> some ink/paper.

But that doesn't change the problem that we can't have a user that won't
be able to print at all. We can forbid users to send faxes, to use
audio, to use cdrom... We can forbid users to use plugged devices. But
we can't protect our ink :)

We should look fruther than desktop use. In some enviorments, admins
don't want all users to be able to print, but just some.

I agree that all users should be able to delete their print jobs, but
denying users to print at all is also an option admins should have.

--
Ante Karamatic | 0xD3BDA225 | 0x0A4A0161
ivoks at grad.hr | ivoks at ubuntu.com | ivoks.blogspot.com