Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:49:36 CDT 2005

On 10/17/05, João Pinto <Lamego at pt-link.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> On my system the usplash disappears after some seconds without any
> progress (I guess during the kernel load).
> I looked at the source and it seems the timeout is hard coded.
> I am running  an AMD Athlon(tm) , 1.3 GHz, I guess some people are still
> using even slower systems, shouldn't the timeout be a bit higher ?

Hi João,

I've Ubuntu installed on a ibook g4 (1ghz) and usplash works fine there.

Anyway, the best place to report bugs isn't ubuntu-devel ML but ubuntu
bug tracking system[0]. FYI, searching for the term "usplash" i found
18 bugs reported. It's possible that your problem was reported and has
a workaround, if not i recommend you create your own account and
report the problem.

[0] = http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com

Hope that helps,
Gustavo Franco