Release management thoughts for Dapper Drake

Vincent Untz vincent at vuntz.net
Mon Oct 17 02:53:07 CDT 2005

Hi Jeff,

Le lundi 17 octobre 2005 à 08:35 +0100, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> I didn't propose that we forbid new upstream versions -> I proposed that we
> not autosync them. :-) It's easiest to think about it as described in the
> original email -> we continue breezy's UVF through dapper. That doesn't rule
> out syncing on request.

So, what kind of packages will be affected by the UVF? Do you have some
examples? Do these packages have a high impact on the desktop and/or on
the server?

There are some (big) exceptions, and I think these exceptions is what
most people don't want to see freezed (because we of course all want the
GNOME 2.14 in dapper ;-)).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.