Sean Fitzgibbon Sean.Fitzgibbon at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 14 22:19:29 CDT 2005

I had no troubles with installing Breezy (pre-release) on my machine
(except setting up raid 5 was a pain).  It has been running stable for
the last month.  The only hiccup has been that sound stopped working one
day adn I cannot figure out why.

I am currently running  kernel 2.6.12-9-amd64-k8-smp and all is good.

Hardware is Tyan Thunder with 2x Opteron 270 and 16 Gb RAM.

I originally installed Fedora Core 4 and the install had problems with
the amount of memory.  I had to tell it to assume 256 Mb during
install.  However after installing and updating to kernel 2.6.12 it
worked fine.

I am really liking ubuntu although for some reason the installer only
installed a single processor kernel and I had to install the SMP kernel
manually.  But apt-get is so good who cares?

Anyway all I need now is to install LTSP for i386.....

Cheers

Sean