dist-upgrade from Hoary to Breezy

Christian Beutenmueller flatline at web.de
Sat Oct 8 12:32:06 CDT 2005

Hello,

I just tried a dist-upgrade from Hoary to Breezy, these are mine
impressions:

- Lots of perl warnings caused by missing locales (fixed by a simple run
of "locale-gen")

- A conflict beetween language-pack-kde-de-base and
language-pack-de-base (kaffeine.mo) (solved only by a "dpkg -P
language-pack-de language-pack-de-base")

- "Invisible" widgets on the logout screen of Gnome (only the text is
visible), other Gnome/Gtk applications aren't affected by this problem
AFAIK (I can send a screenshot or open a bug, iff anyone is interested).

After all, it wasn't harder than Debian unstable dist-upgrades, but only
for an experienced Debian/Ubuntu user.

cu,
Christian