Default start page for web browsers

Kevin Cole kjcole at gri.gallaudet.edu
Fri Oct 7 11:04:05 CDT 2005

Frank Niedermann noted some issues on the wiki

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrankNiedermann

One of his suggestions reminds me of a point that I had
raised a few weeks back, and is relatively simple to fix:

  the default start page for web browsers

"Linux for Human Beings" -- Us humans are social animals. ;-)
I'd like to reiterate that, since part of the philosophy is
to build a community, the page should give newcomers a clue as
to how to find and get in touch with LoCo's or, if that fails,
start their own.  E-mail's great for geeks, but some people like
to talk face-to-face (especially if there's an opportunity for
pizza and/or beer to be involved).  Nothing beats a little hand-
holding when you're wiping out an old OS and putting a new one
in its place, and IRC just doesn't cut it for some people.

Don't forget that social angle...

      [This message is digitally signed with the GNU Privacy
      Guard (GPG). See http://www.gnupg.org/ for more info.]

 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Gallaudet University          |     WWW: http://gri.gallaudet.edu/~kjcole/
 Hall Memorial Bldg  S-419     |   V/TTY: (202) 651-5135
 Washington, D.C.  20002-3695  |     FAX: (202) 651-5746

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs