Release candidate status

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 5 23:40:53 CDT 2005

The current Ubuntu build looks solid so far.  I've personally verified:

breezy-live-amd64.iso (English)
breezy-install-amd64.iso (English, erase entire disk)
breezy-dvd-amd64.iso (English, install/auto-resize, live)
breezy-live-i386.iso (English)
breezy-install-i386.iso (English, erase entire disk)
breezy-dvd-i386.iso (English, install/manual-partitioning, live)
breezy-live-powerpc.iso (English)
breezy-install-powerpc.iso (English, erase entire disk)
breezy-dvd-powerpc.iso (English, install/erase-entire-disk, live)

Sebastien tested a full French install and verified that the l10n issue with
apt has been resolved.

Fabio tested a network installation successfully on i386.

The following still need testing:

- Server installs
- OEM installs

The following are known issues:

- OpenOffice.org's wizards and help have problems on amd64 due to a missing
  dependency.  A fix is already in the queue for post-RC.

- On my powerpc DVD live test, I noticed that the panel had no network
  monitor applet.  I did not notice it in my powerpc live CD test, but I
  would be quite surprised if it were unique to the DVD.

--
 - mdz