Hushing down grub (patch needed to be reviewed)

Till Varoquaux till.varoquaux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:05:31 CDT 2005

I think (I hope...) it was planned that when using usplash we should
get grub to be silent after the menu...

I have attached a patched that adds two commands to grub:
_titlehide: prevents grubs from displaying the "booting..." bit when
an entry is selected.
_silent: suppresses all standard messages when booting an entry.
Entries using it should look like:

title "an entry"
silent
kernel....
initrd...

This patch has been made against the patched sources in the Breezy
tree. It needs reviewing.

I have tried to keep things as clean as possible...

This could (should?) be reworked against grub's cvs and be proposed
for integration
Till