Breezy Icon Theme

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Sun Oct 2 10:04:51 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:13 pm, MadMan2k wrote:
> Pascal Klein wrote:
> >On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 07:54 am, MadMan2k wrote:
> >>since there is not much I see from the  Artwork Team, I'd like to suggest
> >>Dropline Neu as the default Icon set for Breezy:
> >>http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=27765
> >>
> >>if you use the included brown directory icon set, it fits ne new forum
> >>design very well.
> >>
> >>what do you think?
> >>
> >>M2k
> >
> >Hi.
> >
> >The artwork team had some disorganisation problems. We weren't all too
> > happy with the outcome (we didn't get to finish everything we wanted to),
> > but we intend to make the best out of Dapper. Concerning icons - there is
> > an icon set being worked on but it is not finished.
> >
> >There is a wiki page for these icons, please find them here:
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HumilityIcons
> >
> >There is also an icon guide set up to guide icon development:
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IconGuide
> >

> >Cheers.
> >Pascal
>
> the Humility Icons, right - I tried the version from the repositories and
> I have to say, that Dropline Neu seems much "cleaner" to me, besides
> of being much more complete.
>
> Perhaps we should consider using this as a basis or even involving the
> original author instead of reinventing the wheel - but that would really be
> a dapper discussion.

The decision has already been made to make a complete icon set for Ubuntu. The
art team being one that was formed not all too long ago, we have not had the
time to complete the Humility icons. Eventually, upon completion of this set,
it will be used as the default for Ubuntu.

You are free to choose a different theme or iconset whenever you like.
However, the Humility icon set will continue, and be most likely the default
for Dapper (it is too incomplete to ship with Breezy, and the art deadline
has passed). That's pretty much all there is to it.

> M2k

Kind regards,
Pascal Klein

--