Using VMWare for Dapper testing

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:50:50 GMT 2005

You don't need VMWare Workstation to make a image. Qemu can do that
for you see:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC15
The only trouble with this is the size of the image, so I think a snapshot
of Dapper would take to much space. There could be a more limited
version that could be upgraded.
I'm trying it on windows but It's taking to much time, I'm actually running
Dapper on my primary computer, a iBook, but I have some experience,
actually war scars( try dist-upgrading to Sid, downgrading half of your
packages aint pretty), Dapper is more stable than Breezy was at this stage.

Olafur Arason