Sandis Neilands sandisn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:07:27 CST 2005

On 11/24/05, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I realized we have a small problem if we the hide totem icon:
>
> 1. User inserts DVD
> 2. Totem closes or crashes
> 3. User double clicks on DVD to launch Totem again and is greeting by
> Nautilus
> (note that OS X do this as well)
>
> Now, we can still hide the totem icon if we make the default action
> for cds and DVDs launch the appropriate program (SJ or Totem)
>
> Thoughts?

I read MenusRevisited (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenusRevisited) today
(again). It seem that devs even don't read comments and that people are
commenting just because they don't have anything better to do. I think
SaschaBrossmann <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaschaBrossmann> 's first point
describes what I and other commenters feel about this issue (frustration).

Also according to this

> "If an item is primarily launched by a specific MIME type and works with
> one file at a time, it can be hidden"

totem shouldn't be hidden, because in most cases it works with multiple
files (the playlist, you know...).

--
Sandis