Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Thu Nov 24 13:08:04 CST 2005

Hi Mike,

On Thursday 24 November 2005 19:38, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:44:10 +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > I don't like the idea to distribute Windows Userland Libraries or
> > Applications, which is normally installed by the user manually.
>
> Why not? If it's open source code, why does it matter if it's a DLL or a
> DSO?

So do you think it would be a good idea to put Putty.exe into the wine
package, because it's opensource?
Do you think it's wise, to package windows firefox together with wine, because
it's opensource?

So, I think there must be a line between: a source which is a framework for
running windows applications and windows applications, libraries itself.

Thinking about userland windows applications/libraries in a wine package, I,
as packager would remove them. They don't belong to the original source
package named wine.

Regards,

\sh